Titre CapRumbo

CapRumbo - le Forum

Bienvenue sur le forum de CapRumbo.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2019-06-14 03:12:25

panxing18
Membre

www.giantsfanproshop.com

We still don’t know why they want the orange."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Tigers AnalysisDetroit Tigers Prospect NotebookDetroit Tigers Game ThreadsDetroit Tigers NewsDetroit Tigers PodcastsTigers Spring Training 2019The Tigers’ spring training caps are better than last year Deion Sanders Jersey , but still very, very orangeNew,14commentsWe still don’t know why they want the orange.ESTShareTweetShareShareThe Tigers’ spring training caps are better than last year, but still very, very orangeMLB.comFor some reason, the Detroit Tigers (or some designer affiliated with Major League Baseball, we don’t know) have decided to experiment with a lot of orange over the past few years. We hated the caps the team used in 2017, and were only slightly nicer in 2018 because the blue one wasn’t too bad.The caps are mostly the same in 2019, with the same main designs as what the team used last year. Luckily (or not, depending on your opinion), the shade of orange is a bit brighter this season.The cap on the left is what the Tigers will be donning in 2019, a slightly less aggressive version of the “hunter’s orange on steroids” the team used in both 2017 and 2018. The Tiger logo seems to pop a bit more off this version, which is impressive Alen Hanson Jersey , considering how loud the cap’s color still is.The Tigers also have new blue and white caps, nearly identical to what they used in 2018.I’m not sure I want to cough up $40 for one of these — I’ll save that coin for the improved regular season caps — but they at least seem to be slightly less offensive than what we saw last year.The new caps for the other 29 MLB teams are slowly trickling out throughout the day, but the early winner has to be the Oakland Athletics for this masterpiece.The Marlins’ slick new design is turning heads as well.What do you think of this year’s spring training gear? Remember to wear your lucky shirt!"I have a confession to make: I didn’t watch Alex Gordon’s home run in the bottom of the ninth inning in the first game of the 2015 World Series. No; I went into the other room in a huff to play some Rocket League. If you remember, the Kansas City Royals were ahead in the eighth inning until Eric Hosmer made an error on a routine play to first base, leading to the New York Mets scoring the go-ahead run. I was furious. See, you only get so many chances to win a World Series, and to get back to the World Series for the second year in a row and throw away the first game when it was in hand? Visions of the 2010-2011 Texas Rangers and the 2011-2013 Detroit Tigers raced through my brain, great teams that came so close to winning it all in multiple years and didn’t. Great teams whose chances slipped away, and neither team has made the American League Championship Series since then. They couldn’t get it done.I didn’t see Gordon’s single-turned-triple in the penultimate plate appearance of the 2014 World Series, either. The Madison Bumgarner lefty-on-lefty matchup was just too much, and besides I was preoccupied with writing the game recap for this very site. So I missed that, too. I turned on the TV again just to witness Salvador Perez flail at fastballs as high as his neck and eventually pop out to third base. I turned the TV back off.Thankfully, Royals fans now know what happened afterwards: the Royals won the 2015 World Series Edgar Martinez Jersey , ending a 30-year championship drought for the city (Sporting Kansas City excluded). All’s well that ends well, right?I have another confession to make: I only watched the second half of Saturday’s Kansas City Chiefs game after I knew the score. My parents were in town for longer than intended thanks to the snow, and they wanted to watch it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have seen a single second of it, as I had intended on seeing a movie at the theater with a box of overpriced popcorn. But we watched the first half on delay so we could skip through the commercials, and we decided to wait until we knew if the Chiefs won to watch the second half. After all, Patrick Mahomes had led the Chiefs to a 17-point lead. Losing that game would have been an emotional disaster. I do not think this makes me a bad fan. In fact, I know it does not. Fandom is not an obligation. Bandwagon fans are far saner than serious fans for that reason. We have a limited time on this planet. What’s the point of voluntarily sinking resources into something if we’re not getting anything in return, or if we’re not affecting what we’re sinking said resources into?Last year, I refused to watch the Chiefs’ divisional round game. It was the second best sports decision I’ve ever made. The Chiefs coughed up an 18-point lead to a far lesser opponent (the Tennessee Titans), at home, in an embarrassing fashion. Before the game, I made the calculation that witnessing a loss in the divisional round Ryon Healy Jersey , again, would be far more emotionally taxing than watching the clear favorites win a game they clearly should have won. Thus, I was spared much of the emotional angst—though not all, as the consequences from the loss reverberated for the rest of the season. Of course, the best decision I ever made was getting tickets to the 2014 Wild Card Game. The Royals were down four runs in the eighth inning and won. Multiple couples around me left before the game ended. If I were watching, I might have turned it off. But we know what happened. To this day, I would pay a huge amount of money to go back in time and witness the reactions on the faces of the people around me that left mid-game once they learned about what happened. I’m not entirely certain this post has a thesis, and maybe that’s the point. Sports are what we make of them. The more you put in as a fan, the more you will get out. We watch sports for a variety of reasons, and we do not have to legitimize any of them to anybody. That’s why being a fan is ultimately so rewarding.

Pied de page des forums